Mr. Begumya Ntarwete Eriab
Begumya Ntarwete Eriab is the appointed Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) of Rukiga district and he is the head of the public service in the district and the head of the administration of the district council he is the accounting officer of the District.
The Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), is supported by a Deputy and Assistant CAO, Senior Assistant Secretaries and Parish Chiefs. The office is further supported by the, Information Technology Officer, Communications Officer and support Staff.
Functions of the Chief Administrative Officer
- Be responsible for the implementation of all lawful decisions taken by the District Council;
- Give guidance to the local government councils and their departments in the application of the relevant laws and policies;
- Supervise, monitor and coordinate the activities of the district and lower council’s employees and departments and ensure accountability and transparency in the management and delivery of the council’s services;
- Develop capacity for development and management of the planning function of the district;
- Supervise and coordinate the activities of all delegated services and the officers working in those services;
- Have custody of all documents and records of the local government council;
- Act as a liaison officer between the district council and the government;
- Advise the chairperson on the administration of the council;
- Assist in the maintenance of law, order and security in the district;
- Carry out any other duty that may be assigned by the district council from time to time.