To ensure equitable access, retention and provision of Quality Education in Rukiga District Schools.
- To eradicate illiteracy and equip the individual with basic skills and Knowledge to exploit the environment for self-development as well as national development ; for better health, nutrition and family life, and the capacity for continued learning; and
- To equip the learners with the ability to contribute to the building of an integrated, self-sustaining and independent national economy.
- To enable individuals acquire functional, permanent and development literacy, numeracy and communication skills in English, Kiswahili and, at least one Uganda language.
- To develop the ability of problem solving approach in various life situations and
- To develop discipline and good manners.
- To develop a sense of patriotism, nationalism and national unity in diversity.
- Special Needs Education
- Guidance and counseling.
The district has:
71 Government Aided Primary schools
8 Government Aided Secondary schools
1 Tertiary Institution
27 Private Primary schools
13 Private secondary schools
Enrolment of pupils/students as of year 2020 ;
Government Aided Primary Schools 26,049
Privately owned Primary Schools 5,819
Privately owned Pre-primary Schools 2,938
Government Aided Secondary Schools 3,974
Privately Owned Secondary Schools 2,439
Kabale –Bukinda PTC 360