- To ensure that natural resources are utilized sustainably for the provision of quality goods and services based on secure land tenure system and coordinated development.
- Natural resource coordination office
- Lands and physical planning sub sector.
- Environment and wetlands sub sector
- District forestry services sub sector
- Increase forestry cover in the district
- Deepen public knowledge about housing and human settlements
- Prevent slum development and upgrade the existing ones
- Increase the level of awareness on land issues and promote land registration
- Identify and address merging environmental issues and opportunities
- Promote the sustainable use of wetland resources for ecological and social economic benefits
- Ensure green development and promote sustainable development
- Promote awareness on environment and natural resource management
- Protect and/ or manage ecological sensitive areas
- Ensure co-existence between national parks and park adjacent communities and minimize human wild life conflicts.